Israel Encounter goes to the Maccabiah Games...
...to be welcomed by Jed Margolis, Executive Director, Maccabi USA / Sports for Israel
July 2, 2009 Departure
“Every four years the Jewish sports world gets together in Israel in celebration of Jewish unity and strength. The Maccabiah Games are a statement to the vitality of the Jewish People, and the uniqueness and beauty of Israel. Young adults deserve to experience the excitement of Israel, either as an athlete at Maccabiah - the international Jewish Olympics, or even on a peer tour like Israel Encounter.” — Jed Margolis, Executive Director, Maccabi USA / Sports for Israel
Jewish history and culture come alive for young professionals ages 21-40, traveling throughout Biblical and modern Israel. Enjoy a personal encounter with your heritage through experiencing the land, the people, and the special feeling of uniqueness — living the miracle of being in the Jewish Homeland.
Encounter Israel — from the snow capped peaks of the Golan, to the Mediterranean shores of Tel Aviv, to the sun-drenched beaches of Eilat (extension)!
Encounter Jerusalem — the City of Gold. Celebrate Jerusalem with your first week based in the Eternal Capital of Israel; see the latest sites including the City of David, the Southern Wall, the Rabbi's Tunnel, and the focus of Jewish spirituality, the Kotel - the Temple Mount's Western Wall. Thrill to a pre-dawn climb of historic Masada, experience the majestic view from Mount Scopus, and the solemnity of Yad VaShem.
Encounter Kibbutz — staying at a kibbutz guesthouse in the Galilee; touring the rugged Golan; visiting Zfat, city of mystics; Tiberias, oasis on the lake; and perhaps whitewater rafting down the Jordan River.
Encounter Israeli Leaders and Personalities - due to 22 years of Israel experience and special personal connections, you get to meet and hear from those who know Israel best, archaeologists, military and political leaders, cultural personalities, and Israeli young professionals.
This nine day escape is specially designed to be easily accessible to your schedule, and affordable, too.
Extensions available — Highly recommended — planning assistance provided
Encounter Eilat — Our special feature, Eilat Resort Escape, sun and fun playground of Israel, with optional snorkeling, windsurfing, waterskiing, sailboat picnic and much more... now take an optional day trip to explore Petra, Jordan.
Make life-long friends with fellow young professionals. Visit special off-the-beaten track oases and participate in exclusive programs specially designed for young adults to get the most out of being in Israel.
Special Programs being planned for you to get the most of an Israel Encounter:
- Join young professionals from throughout the US
- Israeli Rock Concert & backstage pass to meet the band
- Volleyball on the Tel Aviv Beach with Israelis
- Exclusive briefing with Israeli Intelligence Brig. Gen. (Res.)
- Temple Mount remains dig with noted Jerusalem archeologis
- Private tour “Inside” the Foreign Ministry & exclusive briefing by PM's spokesman
- Meetings with other amazing Israeli personalities
- Touring sites throughout Israel, including: Tel Aviv, Ceasaria, Nachsholim (Tel Dor), Haifa, Acco, Tzipporah, Tveria, kibbutz, Golan, Zfat (Livnot), Beit Shean, Jerusalem Old City: Kotel, Rabbi's tunnel, Dig, Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem New City: Knesset, FM, Supreme Court, Hadassah, Yad Vashem , Herzl Museum, Mt. Herzl; pre-dawn climb of Masada, Ein Gedi, Dead Sea float - plus more packed into a 9-day escape.